PDA

View Full Version : Got A Good Story About Death?

Biddle
12-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Hey guys,

A friend of mine from a national radio podcast is collecting stories about death. Your own or someone else's. Preferably with a darkly humorous streak through the story.

I have less use for stories you heard about a guy somewhere who once had a thing happen to them. More personal stories (something that happened to you or something close to you) will be more fertile ground for this project.

Additionally, if you think I already know the story, remind me here (or in a PM) of it.

So, tell me about a time that you nearly died. It might end up on a national radio podcast.

Cheers,
COB

Frymire
12-19-2008, 08:16 PM
My Mom passed away this past Spring, and my Dad six years before. I've got plenty of stories, many of them with a "dark humorous streak". Feel free to pass my info along. Or do we tell you the story and then you pass it along?

Biddle
12-19-2008, 10:58 PM
People have been mainly PMing the stories to me. I'm looking for a single paragraph (or two) that gives the pertinent details of the story and/or gives an idea of what it's about. If people follow up with me, with that information, I try and pass it along to these good radio guys, with email addresses, so that they can contact you, if they're interested.

I also gave them a link to this thread. So, if you want to, you can just post your story summary here, with descriptions, etc. If they want your stuff, they can email me and I'll give them your contact info.

Whatever works best for you guys. Remember, we're looking for "darkly humorous" stuff, since they've already got plenty of morbid, depressing and deep stuff. We just want to lighten it up a little bit.

Thanks guys,
COB

Schoolyj
12-19-2008, 11:50 PM
Guys - I just got done Facebook chatting with Biddle. Here's an example of the kind of stories he's looking for.

One time, this guy who used to sit next to me at work - APROPOS OF FUCKING NOTHING - started telling me about his near-death experience. I think I might have said something about my neice's baptism and he started ripping on organzied religion and being all, "They Don't Know What the Fuck They're Talking About!" I guess being dead for three minutes makes him an expert.

He said he was in a dark place and a "big red theater curtain opened up on a beautiful scene."

"Like Rushmore?" I asked.

"Neverbeen there," he said.

"I thought you said you were dead for three minutes?" I said.

"I was; what does that have to do with Mount Rushmore?" was his reply.

"It's a movie," I said.

"No, it wasn't like watching a movie. More like looking out a window on a beautiful scene," he said.

"So I guess being dead makes you stupid," I said.

"No," he said, "that's because my brain didn't have oxygen for three minutes."

Then I took all the Special Darks out of his candy dish.