elvk
09-30-2008, 04:16 PM
20% Theatre Company Chicago - Audition Notice

New Anatomies by Timberlake Wertenbaker
Directed by Elizabeth Schwan-Rosenwald

Auditions will be held:
Saturday, October 18 Sunday, October 19
1:00 – 4:00 pm 12:00-3:00 pm

Strawdog Theatre, 3829 N. Broadway, 2nd Floor.

There are roles for 5 actresses.

Contact Info: Please call 773.944.5692 and leave a voicemail requesting a preferred 1/2 hour slot or email twentypercentchicago@yahoo.com to schedule an appointment. You will receive a confirmation call or email. Walk-ins are welcome, time permitting.

Material to Prepare:
Sides will be provided at the auditions.
Please bring headshot and résumé.

Show Information:

"When I'm dressed as a woman, like this, I find I am most concerned with the silky sound of my skirt rustling on the floor ... But when I dress as a man, I simply begin to think."
New Anatomies tells the story of turn-of-the-century, European-born explorer Isabelle Eberhardt, who, casting off the traditional values of her day and age, posed as an Arab man and traveled across Islamic northern Africa.

Against a backdrop of poetry and song, playwright Timberlake Wertenbaker paints an extraordinary picture of this courageous, sharp-tongued woman who died tragically in a flash flood when she was just 27 years old and the divide between the worlds she inhabited.

An ensemble of five women performs roles both male and female.

Time Commitment:
Rehearsals will begin January 2, 2008, Sunday-Thursday evenings
Shows: February 27-March 28 with performances Thursday-Saturday at 8:00 and Sundays at 7:00

20% Theatre Company is dedicated to strengthening the presence and raising public awareness of women artists in theatre. It is estimated that only 20% of theatre professionals are women. By providing educational opportunities for women directors, producers, designers and playwrights, 20% Theatre Company strives to increase the number of women in theatre. We are committed to engaging new audiences by making our work accessible to the community www.twentypercentchicago.org (http://www.twentypercentchicago.org)