PDA

View Full Version : Classes Hardcore Scenework Workshop!

JRC
09-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Are you ready to get incredibly honest, direct, personal feedback on your improvised scenework?

Hardcore Scenework Workshop!
Tuesday, September 23rd
7-10pm
only $60!!
class limited to 12 people to ensure personal attention!

the workshop will be at Shiel Park, 3505 north Southport

This three hour elective will focus on creating realistic, honest and hilarious two & three person scenes as well as how to bring those scenes back in a fun and interesting manner!
No bullshit, no kiss-ass notes. This workshop is for people who want to take their improvisation to the next level. It will be a fun, educational experience with no-holds barred!

Jason Chin is teaching this first-in-a-series of classes. But he doesn't like writing in the third person.
Hi. I'm teaching this workshop. I've been teaching long-form improv in Chicago for the past 12 years, 8 of those years I was the Director of the Training Center for the iO theater where I helped to create its curriculum. I have coached the teams Deep Schwa, Mike Helicopter and the Rabble. I have created/directed the long-forms shows Our Feature Presentation, Dinner for Six, and Whirled News Tonight. I perform with the Armando Diaz show, Lindbergh Babies and 3033 (sound/lights).

I'm starting to offer my own line of classes to further the art of long-form improvisation. I'm not interested in just maintaining the status quo; I'd like to see the art-form and its practitioners evolve and explore the medium. If this is something that appeals to you, please join me.

If you have any questions or comments, please send me a PM through this site or e-mail me at "jasonrchin@gmail.com".

Thanks for reading.

JRC
09-16-2008, 06:31 PM
in response to a few queries...

yes, there is a group rate for teams of 5 or more.

Thanks!!

J

JRC
09-17-2008, 06:59 PM
Five slots left!!

JRC
09-19-2008, 06:34 PM
had two cancellations!
Room left in this improv workshop!

JRC
09-22-2008, 04:54 PM
this class is tomorrow (Tuesday) night! Still two slots open!!