PDA

View Full Version : Auditions Steve Allen's "The Wake"

Chemically Imbalanced
09-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Chemically Imbalanced Comedy is holding auditions for our upcoming productions of Steve Allen's "The Wake"

Seeking Male and Female performers ages 25-80 for various roles, as well as two youth performers ages 8-12 both male and female.

Auditions will be held at the Chemically Imbalanced Theater, 1420 W Irving Park, Chicago, IL on Wednesday Oct 1 from 7pm-10pm and Saturday Oct 4 Noon-4pm. Auditions will be in 5 min slots. To request a slot please email auditions@cicomedy.com with your headshot and resume and requested date and time. Please prepare a 1-2 min contemp comic monologue and be prepared to be asked to read sides from the script. Callbacks will be held on Monday Oct 6. First read through Wed Oct 8. Rehearsals will be held on Wednesday evenings, Saturday and Sun afternoons. Show opens Fri Jan 9-Sun Feb 15 on Fri& Sat at 8pm and Sun @ 5pm.

Frymire
09-25-2008, 02:17 PM
Angie, this is an odd way to bump this thread and promote auditions for your show, but I applaud you for thinking outside of the box.

Angie
09-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Thanks Dennis,

I'm in Hawaii right now. Tom is sleeping off the luau from last night so I am playing around on the computer till he comes alive again.

We are really excited about this show, it is going to be our most challenging to date. Largest cast, Largest budget, Dealing with youth performers, plus our space is smaller than this show would normally be done in.

BUT I have an amazing design team signed on who have some fantastic ideas on how to make it really work, so I am uber excited.

And my director (Missy Styles of the Babes with Blades, & Factory Theater fame) is fantastic. Her last show she directed was Cheaper by the Dozen so she has a lot of experience with kids (and stage combat not that there is a ton but just enough to tickle your fancy)

So yes very excited for this one.

Auditions are filled up right now but we ALWAYS have folks drop out last second so PLEASE (especially if you know a youth performer ages 8-11) come by as a walk in.

Yeah