PDA

View Full Version : Auditions for CIC Improv Troupe

Chemically Imbalanced
08-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Chemically Imbalanced Comedy announces auditions for a new sponsored improv troupe to perform monthly in our Comedy Showcase. Auditions will be held on Saturday, Sept 6 from Noon-2pm and 2pm-4pm. To sign up for an audition, please email auditions@cicomedy.com with the time slot you would like. Auditions will be held at the Chemically Imbalanced Theater, 1420 W Irving Park Road. Please bring head shot and resume. Applicants should be prepared to stay for the entire 2-hour time slot. Long Form Improvisation experience recommended but not required.

About the Coach:

Mike Johnson has been performing since 2001 and directing since 2003. He has studied extensively at Second City, iO, Comedy Sportz and the Annoyance Theater. He has directed multiple ensembles at the Playground Theater and various sketch shows for the group Teatro Bastardo at the Chicago Sketchfest. Currently, Michael is performing at the Playground Theater with the team Mort and at the iO Theater with the team Shock Corridor. He can be seen hosting the Open Court at the Playground Theater some evenings and he recently played the role of Tiger in WNEP's "Metaluna and the Amazing Science of the Mind Revue" at A Red Orchid Theater.

About CIC:

Chemically Imbalanced Comedy is an 8-year-old Not For Profit Theater Company in residence at the Chemically Imbalanced Theater in Lakeview. We are dedicated to recruiting, arranging, and providing alternative performance spaces and opportunities for artists to utilize. CIC supports the vision of talented writers, directors, and performers and is committed to assisting in the production of new and previously produced works all in the many styles of comedy.

jorin
08-12-2008, 05:18 PM
CIC is a great place at which to play, so if you're on the lookout for a good ensemble experience, I'd recommend auditioning.

I'm coaching the previous ensemble, Counter-Productive Lover, and I think if you spoke to any of them, you'd get a positive review of the experience.

And Mike Johnson is a great guy, and as a coach I'm sure will seem like a bizarre-yet-jovial uncle with some hideously humorous skeletons in the closet. A real delight.

Bruin
08-12-2008, 05:56 PM
I agree with Jorin.

I love playing at CIC. It's a great space and our team (Counter-Productive Lover) has been an amazing experience. We have an awesome time together on-stage and off.

I'm pro-CIC and pro-auditioning.

Chemically Imbalanced
09-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Just a couple of spots left if folks still wanna sign up.