PDA

View Full Version : Hilary Lying

Shey
03-26-2008, 06:18 PM
I've been looking all over this forum to see what ya'll had to say or if there were any good bits. I can't believe you all have not jumped on Clinton lying about her trip to Bosnia.

All I got to say is this is the 3rd strike for me with her. If you gone be a woman in a man dominated arena then you got to come correct, you got to be better than this. Come on sista! Really makin' sh*t up...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080325/ts_alt_afp/usvoteclinton_080325144515

-Shey

robbersean
03-26-2008, 06:23 PM
I don't even get why Hillary lied about this. Was she trying to make herself seem more important? I just don't see what she had to gain. I also love that one of the people calling her our for lying was Sinbad who was apparently with her when the story took place.

All in all, Hillary seems more and more desperate to me. Now she's saying that pledged delegates don't necessarily have to vote for the person who won their primary/ caucus. What?

I don't dislike Hillary, but I dislike the way that she has conducted herself during this campaign.

Chip
03-26-2008, 06:31 PM
I hadn't heard about the Bosnia thing until this morning when I listened to the podcast of Wait Wait Don't Tell me. I think it's funny/good that Sinbad just called her out on it. I think his quote went something like "I knew it wasn't dangerous because she took me with her." and I think he added something like, "if I'm going somewhere dangerous, I don't say 'well, better get a signer and a comedian' to come along".

A lot of people say they're excited to have either Obama or Hillary be the nominee, but I just can't agree. I have never liked Hillary, and exaggerations like this are just one example of the type of politician she is. I don't think she has an honest, sincere bone in her body. She just feels manufactured into what she thinks people want to see.

-Chip

Ldub
03-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Apparently, she's claiming that she was sleep deprived. What?? :confused:

You see it in the puffy eyes, the raspy throats and short tempers. It is either the cause of, or a convenient excuse for, some of the candidates' biggest gaffes.

Clinton on Tuesday blamed "sleep deprivation" for what she now calls a "misstatement" about landing amid sniper fire on a trip to Bosnia in 1996. Video of the arrival shows a welcome ceremony with no bullets in sight. Obama's campaign noted Tuesday that Clinton told versions of the sniper story in December and February before repeating it this month.

Hendo
03-26-2008, 09:21 PM
except she made that "misstatement" three seperate times, according to MSNBC. And at least one, if not two of those times were SCRIPTED comments.

I just don't get how you "misremember" people shooting at you instead of a precious 8 year old kissing you while your young daughter and Sinbad watch.

It's not a misstatement when you say the same thing three times, twice while reading a script. It's called a LIE.

It's also not the biggest lie she made... she claims she was integral to the peace talks in Ireland. But those that actually WERE integral, including the man who won a Noble Peace Prize for it, are calling her "a wee bit silly," saying that it's one thing to be involved in the peace process, and quite another to merely be a cheerleader.

She's fucked this one up pretty badly. Her whole claim to be a better candidate on Obama is based on her having more experience. And now it's becoming clear that the diffferences in experience, if any, are minimal at best.

Jordana
03-26-2008, 11:13 PM
I really wish that Hillary would just go away now.

I liked her at the start... really, I wasn't even sure who I was going to vote for until a few days before the primary.

But this is getting old. She has no chance of winning the general (I know many Democrats who have told me that if she gets the nominee, they are not going to vote in the general. I don't agree with them, but I understand), she has a very small chance of winning the primary - and if she does win, it will not feel like a legitimate win either (b/c it will have to be superdelegates - right?)

So, please, just suck it up and leave. Try to give your party a chance here.

rdolan
03-26-2008, 11:38 PM
Well, she said it four times in the past four months. Only this last time, the media was able to double check the story with the release of her itinerary as the first lady.

So, if she's been sleep deprived for the past four months, maybe she should look into some Ambien.

Apparently, she's claiming that she was sleep deprived. What?? :confused:

You see it in the puffy eyes, the raspy throats and short tempers. It is either the cause of, or a convenient excuse for, some of the candidates' biggest gaffes.

Clinton on Tuesday blamed "sleep deprivation" for what she now calls a "misstatement" about landing amid sniper fire on a trip to Bosnia in 1996. Video of the arrival shows a welcome ceremony with no bullets in sight. Obama's campaign noted Tuesday that Clinton told versions of the sniper story in December and February before repeating it this month.

Hendo
03-27-2008, 01:27 AM
MSNBC reports tonight that she's made those ludicrous claims of gunfire as late as last December.

So she's been tired a looooooooooooong time.

Also today, NBC and the Wall Street Journal released some polling data... for the first time, she is now TRAILING McCain in a head to head race. Also, her negatives (48%) are now higher than her positives (36%), and she's also now TRAILING Obama in the polls (47% to 45%). She's also now polling negative with women.

And all this came since the last polls just two weeks ago. Apparently, all her Obama-bashing (especially since his kerfuffle about Rev. Wright) has boomeranged badly on her. In fact, the Rev. Wright "debacle" has taken HER down more than Obama.

And yet, her campaign had an insider tell a reporter that the new plan is to "pull a Tonya Harding and kneecap Obama". Politically, of course.

Which plays right into those fears that she'd rather destroy the party then lose the nomination.

I used to like the Clintons; right about now, I'm starting to hate them. And if we get McCain in office to continue Bush's disasterous policies, I'm gonna hate them for the rest of their lives. Just like I hate Ralph Nader.

Hendo
03-27-2008, 04:14 PM
anyone watch Keith Olbermann last night? He (once again) lit into Hilary for her lies about her resume. But last night was pure GENIUS. He looks right into the camera and says, "Senator Clinton, are you experienced? Have you ever been experienced?"

Now I've got Hendrix stuck in my head all morning.

Rance Rizzutto
03-31-2008, 04:35 PM
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1808560

Looks like she wasn't lying after all