PDA

View Full Version : Snubfest Comedy Festival

Chemically Imbalanced
01-20-2010, 02:46 PM
www.snubfest.com

Submission
Have you ever been left out of a comedy festival? Have you tried several attempts to get your work seen and keep hitting a brick wall? Do you feel like you are being over looked because you are not connected or are unknown? Well here is your chance to let the world in on your work.

Chemically Imbalanced Comedy has been lucky enough to attend festivals in NYC, Toronto, Montreal, and Chicago. But we have also had our fair share of being snubbed. So this June Chemically Imbalanced Comedy wants to bring you SnubFest '10. All comedy encouraged to apply! We are looking at Solo Acts, Stand Ups, Improv, Sketch, Musical Comedy. The only catch is the project had to have been rejected from another festival sometime between June 26, 2009 and March 1, 2010.

To be considered for SnubFest '10, Please first read our FAQ (at the bottom of the page) THEN please email the following information:

1. Name of Troupe/Act (please indicate if it is improv, sketch, stand up, solo AND what City and State you are from)

2. Name of your Cast Members and Crew

3. Length of time for your Act

4. Contact Name/Phone/Email/City,State

5. The Name of the Festival your act was snubbed from, and the reason why you believe shouldn't have been snubbed

6. A one paragraph description of the act

7. Any pull quotes or press you may received for this act

8. Any conflict dates you have between June 3-6, 2010 Thurs-Sun at 8pm and Fri & Sat 10pm

9. Any technical requirements (i.e. projection, live Mic, ect)

10. Please Indicate On Your Application If You Would Like To Be Considered For "The Last Snob Standing" Contest. If so you must mail DVD of your performance, or include a link to your myspace or youtube clip.(internet link strongly encouraged)

Because of the rising costs of running a festival Snubfest regretfully announces we must ask for a submission fee of $5.00, (EARLY APPLICATION FEE). The late application fee is $25.00 You can make checks payable to Chemically Imbalanced Productions or you can pay us via brownpapertickets.com. If you pay us via brownpapertickets.com a $.99 service charge will be added to your submission fee. Thanks for understanding.

EARLY APPLICATION FEE DUE BY March 8,2010
Pay Via www.snubfest.com

LATE APPLICATION FEE DUE BY March 22, 2010
Pay via www.snubfest.com

ALL ACTS WILL BE CONTACTED BY April 5, 2010

Also there will be a competition called "The Last Snob Standing" where the winner(s) will get a guaranteed performance slot in Major Comedy Festivals and Stand Up stages through out Chicago and beyond. If you would like to be considered for the Last Snob Standing Contest we will need a submission DVD, or Online clip (myspace, youtube)

Because of limited space not all applicants will be accepted into the Last Snob Standing Contest. I know, Snub'd from Snubfest hurts. But we will do our best to try to get everyone seen.

Please feel free to send any questions or comments or electronic submissions you may have to snubfest@cicomedy.com

To be considered for SnubFest '10 please mail your submissions to

Chemically Imbalanced Theater
Attn: Snubfest Submission
1420 W Irving Park Road
Chicago IL, 60613

or send electronic submission to snubfest@cicomedy.com

Snubfest 2010 Frequently Asked Questions

My group won last year’s Last Snob Standing competition. Can I still apply?
We would love to have you back - but only for the showcase. Last year’s winners of the Last Snob Standing competitions will not be considered for the competition this year.

Is there a showcase for stand-ups?
Stand-ups can only compete in the Last Snob Standing competition. There is no showcase for stand-ups.

My group doesn’t want to compete in the Last Snob Standing. Can we still apply?
Of course! However, we give top priority to those groups competing as well as to our out-of-town applicants. So, if you’re from Chicago and you don’t want to be in the Last Snob Standing competition, you will most likely not be considered for one of the showcases.

I haven’t been able to get my act recorded. Can I still apply?
Sorry, but we only consider applications that include a dvd of or internet link to one of your (or your group‘s) performances. FYI: internet links are preferred.

The last time I applied to SnubFest, the application fee was the price of a postage stamp! Why’d the price go up??!?!?!???
We’ve got our own theater space now, and it’s frickin’ expensive to run your own space! So, yes, we’ve had to increase the cost of the application fee. But come on. It’s only $5 if you get your submission in by March 8. ONLY $5!! How much did it cost you to submit to the festival that snubbed you? Huh? Huh?

Why do you charge a late application fee? What’s that all about?
If you get your submission to us later than March 8th, the charge is $25. Why? Because we hate late submissions.

Chemically Imbalanced
02-22-2010, 08:57 PM
Early application due in just two weeks.

March 8!

Chemically Imbalanced
03-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Today is the early deadline for our fest.

March 22 is late deadline. Save yourself some green and get it in today!

Chemically Imbalanced
03-15-2010, 03:14 PM
We are almost done taking applications for Snubfest. So far we have 30 Stand Up's who have submitted, 10 Sketch Groups, 10 Improv Groups and 5 musical Comedy Acts (making us strongly think about giving them there own contest night :)

Submissions will close on March 22, don't let this deadline pass you by. Go to www.snubfest.com to submit your act. We can't wait to see everyone in June.

----------
Pssst it isn't a done deal but we are talking with an LA Theater about giving a run to an improv group as a prize. We should have it inked by the end of the week. But don't let the deadline pass we will NOT be extending it!