PDA

View Full Version : special weather statement

aneg
06-07-2007, 08:47 PM
oh god, we're all going to die.

...DAMAGING THUNDERSTORM WINDS POSSIBLE ACROSS NORTHERN ILLINOIS AND NORTHWEST INDIANA THIS EVENING...
A SQUALL LINE OR SOLID LINE OF THUNDERSTORMS IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP OVER NORTHERN ILLINOIS THIS EVENING. THE GREATEST SEVERE WEATHER THREAT FROM THESE STORMS IS DAMAGING WIND GUSTS AROUND 80 TO 90 MPH. THIS STORMS WILL EVOLVE FROM SUPERCELL THUNDERSTORMS THAT DEVELOP THIS AFTERNOON ACROSS IOWA AND NORTHWEST ILLINOIS AND THEN RACE TO THE EAST NORTH-EAST.

ISOLATED TORNADOES ARE POSSIBLE WITH THESE STORMS AS WELL... HOWEVER THE RISK OF TORNADOES WILL DIMINISH AS THESE STORMS COME FARTHER EAST ACROSS ILLINOIS AND WE GET LATER INTO THE EVENING. PRELIMINARY ESTIMATES ON THE TIMING OF THESE STORMS IS AS FOLLOWS: ROCKFORD... ORGEON... AND DIXON BETWEEN 7 AND 10 PM...CHICAGO... WAUKEGAN.. AURORA... JOLIET... OTTAWA... AND PONTIAC BETWEEN 9 PM AND 12 MIDNIGHT... AND VALPARAISO... GARY...RENSSELAER...KANKAKEE... AND WATSEKA BETWEEN 11 PM AND 2 AM.

Captain Bob
06-07-2007, 09:23 PM
omg...

sounds like fun!

I'll get my kites!

speedymarie
06-07-2007, 09:29 PM
i love how the National Weather Service issues these bulletins in all caps. It's like your grandma sending you a chain email from 1997.

Hamer
06-07-2007, 09:30 PM
ps. if you don't forward it to seven people in seven minutes, you will be BLOWN AWAY BY 80-90MPH WINDS!

aneg
06-07-2007, 09:47 PM
you guys can joke all you want but who is the one that is going to be laughing when shes sitting in the dark in her basement and her cats, NOT being pummeled to death by flying debris?

....me.

Gass
06-07-2007, 10:07 PM
who is the one that is going to be laughing when shes sitting in the dark in her basement and her cats

You...in 35 yrs

schaefe
06-07-2007, 10:16 PM
The only thing that this post is missing is that "taka-taka-taka" sound of a vintage teletype...

aneg
06-07-2007, 10:18 PM
You...in 35 yrs

shit, why wait that long. give me two weeks.

but seriously, weather, especially extreme weather like this, freaks the hell out of me. everyone be safe!

Fenstermaker
06-07-2007, 10:39 PM
Golly, I hope I don't get blown away when I'm on my way home from a swell Chicago Sashay Company show at the iO Theater (starting at 8 pm)