PDA

View Full Version : Tara DeFrancisco; Coach TD

tara d.
05-02-2009, 04:46 AM
Tara DeFrancisco is a performer, coach & teacher at iO, CSz, and Second City. She is a positive, pro-active, ray-of-sunshine coach that will never give you bullsh*t. Strong believer in theory, fundamentals, emotional engagement, and trust on teams.

TEACHES AT:
iO - levels 1, 4, 5b coach
CSz - levels 303 and 404
SC - workshops throughout nation
iO/CSz/SC sub

has coached:
2 teams at iO
one 5b
five independent teams
one pair
three people through solo coaching

directed:
Triplette
ComedySportz ensemble from 2004-2005, with Joey Bland

performs/has performed in:
Armando
Deltones
three iO teams
ComedySportz (MVP 2005-2008)
Second City TourCo
Second City BizCo
Second City stage understudy
Baby Wants Candy
Messing With A Friend

Degree in Theatre Performance

Coaching fee:
Negotiable, but generally -
2 hrs/60 bucks for teams of 4-8
pair coaching available - 2hrs/40 bucks
solo coaching negotiable - 1.5 hr rehearsals - 25 bucks
workshops available:
*Chicago ensembles that need specific work
*Out of town College/Professional Ensembles or otherwise that need training (will travel)

see website for examples/bio:
http://taradefrancisco.com

Thanks for lookin'!

jhartman
05-04-2009, 05:07 AM
Tara D is the REAL DEAL! You would be wise to grab her while you can.

Hartman approved!

tara d.
05-05-2009, 06:08 PM
oh man, john hartman's endorsement worked! :)
thank you for all the e-mails... i am ALWAYS open to more coaching projects, and i encourage you to write me just to make sure - but for now, i've got a new iO team, a solo project, a two-person team, and a team of 6 that i said yes to here. if you are okay with a rotation rehearsal (us finding random times to work together in advance) or me coming in for a week to shake up your team for a one-off, still write. otherwise, i'm booked through may.

thank you!
td

tara d.
05-21-2009, 12:52 AM
taking requests for june and july! write me at taradefrancisco@gmail.com.

tara d.
02-21-2010, 04:24 PM
hi all!

so, in addition to whatever workshops/coaching you're seeking, i now help out with iO's 5B classes. if you've graduated the program, but feel like you need a coach to keep an eye on you through the performances, shoot me a message. currently, the 5B team i'm coaching is the Wise Bunch, from 9-10pm. the process rules, they rule. i also coach several other ensembles around town and teach independently.

hope i can help! look forward to meeting you.

tara d.
02-21-2010, 04:25 PM
(and additionally - feel free to contact me whenever - i have been really busy as of late, but i will always try to work with your group if i can. give it a shot.)

tara d.
10-01-2010, 09:45 PM
have room for one more team right now (i like to stay under 4). hit me if ya need me!

LuvHurtz
10-02-2010, 04:31 PM
I've taken 5b multiple times and as much as like all of my other coaches Tara has been by far the most pleasant I've worked with. 5bs can be scary and for many it's their first time dealing with a coach and picking the right one can be a little nerve racking. I will save you the time and the headache and tell you straight up that Tara is the best choice. I am truly shocked that no one has asked her to coach yet for this upcoming session. If you have any doubt about her coaching abilities, then i recommend coming to see the 8pm class perform these next two weeks.

tara d.
10-10-2010, 04:36 PM
i am packed to the brim, y'all. THANK YOU for being so awesome!

i will be offering one or two-off workshops for specific skills this season when i find a pocket of days. until november, i'm locked otherwise.
love,
td