PDA

View Full Version : Briggs for McNabb

Justin
05-23-2007, 02:40 PM
There is a rumor flying around that the Eagles are shopping McNabb and are interested in Briggs. How bout Briggs and a 2nd rounder next year?

Completely unsubstantiated, but one can dream right?

stonelake
05-23-2007, 03:32 PM
This would make zero sense for the eagles, unless they have some other deal running for a quarterback. I am no huge McNabb fan, but A.J. Feely makes Rex Grossman look like Dan Marino. If Griese is added to this, maybe I could see a glimmer of non-fiction.

Donovan obviously needs a change of some sort, I think the philly sports media has beaten him down, and his luck would probably change in Chi-town, as a hometown hero in a town that is vastly easier on its football team (even though Rex Grossman might try to argue otherwise).

Briggs may go somewhere for the cap room and the locker-room relief alone. This is not going to happen.

POPS
05-23-2007, 03:45 PM
I am no huge McNabb fan

During his Sophomore year at Syracuse he dunked on me at the YMCA and his nuts almost hit me in the face.

Just Visiting
05-23-2007, 04:03 PM
i barely even follow basketball.

BigHig
05-23-2007, 04:12 PM
The Eagles drafted a QB, so they may feel McNabb is expendable.

stonelake
05-23-2007, 04:42 PM
This year?

They have a shot this year. Trading McNabb for a nonfactor would be tanking.

Two things to love about this article: The title, and McNabb's beard in the pic:

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=69678

ritty
05-23-2007, 04:42 PM
The Eagles drafted a QB because they know McNabb is fragile. The guy hasn't had a complete season in several years now. He might fare better in Chicago since they have a better O-line, but I don't see the Bears shelling out the bucks it would take to have a guy of McNabb's stature on the roster.

Justin
05-23-2007, 06:38 PM
Oh, I totally see the Bears being into this idea. Throw Grossman in on the deal. Lovie and co. know they are one-step from glory and a big move might be in the works. They can get better.

stonelake
05-23-2007, 06:47 PM
POPS, would you describe McNabb's nuts as "Chunky"?

POPS
05-23-2007, 07:09 PM
save your pity for Lansdown. there will be other bits.

stonelake
05-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Kiss my ass, jobber.

This trade is retardo.

bill binkley
05-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Not happening, but I would love to see it ... He's a weapon, but as someone said, Philly's media has dragged him through the mud. They're, shall we say, unkind over there. I'm a big Eagles fan, and I like McNabb a lot; he's a good leader, and when he's healthy, he's near the top of the league. But after seeing how well they fared with Garcia, it doesn't look like he's the kingpin everyone thought he was. And really, Feely needs a shot. I don't have the stats in front of me, but I'd go with Feely over "Wild Thing" Grossman any day.

BTW, fuckin' AWESOME beard on McNabb.